Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blocks and Banks

Why is it that banks are an entity to them selves? How is it that they can do whatever they feel like and get away with it?

These are questions that we all ask ourselves and I imagine we all come to the same conclusion of:- your damned if you do and your damned if you dont.
We have only the choice but to pick the lesser of all evils, if that does really exist - a lesser evil I mean! (I feel that CBA is the most evil - but - they have trapped us into their web of fees and charges for at least the next 2.5 years) [insert evil Barbara from Bankworld laugh here]
My problem with banks/brokers/conveyancers this week is that I still have not seen any paperwork from our settlement on Monday! I have no idea what is happening with our new loan and how it will be set up (banks/brokers)! They have put money in our account (bank), yet it isnt the amount we thought it would be (banks/brokers) and I have nothing in my hands to tell me why it is what it is (conveyancer)?
How come in this day and age I havent been sent all the paper work via email and post? I imagine its partly because our conveyancer, who is a lovely but old man, does not know how to (self-admittedly) work the internet or email yet! Also, apparently Australia Post is very slow this week, as I was told that the paperwork was in the post Monday arvo... its now Thursday arvo!
I have also emailed our brokers to get information, to which they have not had the decency to grace me with a response either!
So you can all blame the banks/brokers/conveyancers for my frustrated outburst!
My apologies!

On a happier note, I got a call from Porter Davis this morning which was nice. I had almost got to the point of thinking that they had taken our $1k deposit and left the country! But it was not to be!
So we have what's called a "tender appointment" booked in, where I imagine they will cover a number of things - number one being - "let us see your cheque please" then other things like; site and soil test outcomes, at which point they which tell us how much our site costs will be (with dollar signs flashing in their eyes like mini poker machines that have won the jackpot!), and then to confirm the next appointment which is the "Contract appointment" at which we will sign away every pay cheque for the next 100 years and lock in our souls in trade for our "dream home"!
They have also advised me that I will be contacted by someone from Hopetoun Interiors and Frank Walkers buddies at National Tiles to make the appointments to lock in my - sorry - our designs for the house! These guys will also have the mini jackpot eyes, when we walk through their door! "Upgrades Galore" they really should be called!
At least Derek will be there to ground me and my "upgrading" - to an extent anyway.
Somethings just have to upgraded and only the women reading this blog will really get why - but that I will leave for another post at some point in the future.

Anyway I will bid you adieu for today and leave you with some breathtaking scenery and vistas of our lovely piece of dirt!

Ax

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Amy

    I had a good experience using St George who I had my previous home loan through and a conveyancer recommended by my real estate agent. Both were really responsive and quick. Much better than my previous experience of going through a broker. Although probably not the best home deal but worth it for the less stress.

    If I had been thinking, having bought my house already 95% complete, I would have upgraded my appliances and especially the air conditioners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a lovely little piece of dirt it is...

    Congrats you two. This will surely be a stressful, time-consuming, at times frustrating, at other times joyous, fun and crazy endeavor. But in the end, it will be worth it.

    Love that you are blogging. And now that you are doing so, that means you are all geared up to journal your wedding for the scrapbook!!!

    xoxoJJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ames, what an amazing journey you guys have in front of you. The chance to make a nest that's just for you and the future Dunnes.
    There will be loads of frustrations along the way, direct at the banks, builders, tradies or through this blog and not at each other and you will be sweet!

    ReplyDelete